Thursday, January 29, 2009

I have left the Summit!!

What an adventure it has been...but it has come to an end.  I resigned on Tuesday night and here I sit in Aruba enjoying free wifi in my hotel room.  The whole experience seems quite surreal.  Not quite the experience I anticipated having when I left home nearly 5 months ago - but I know I will take something away from it all...

I am flying to St Maarten tomorrow and having a 6 week break before I fly home on 12 March.  Dad, I will arrive home on your birthday!!  One of the girls in the spa is resigning tomorrow and joining me for the break.  I need to get my head (and my body) back together again before I attack Brissie again...

I knew on Monday that it wasn't worth it anymore when I ended up in the ship hospital for half a day with a killer migraine (which I know are brought on by stress) and injected with blood thinners to get me back to normal.  And then my manager queried where I'd been and why wasn't I teaching my classes...My health is so not worth it...

The fitness I was recruited with in Brissie leaves his ship tomorrow for similar reasons - so we're starting to drop...If anyone is interested in working on a cruise ship as a fitness instructor, be prepared to make a living out of sales not fitness...

However, I know I will arrive home bounding with energy ready to go for 2009....I just need to determine my plan of attack...

Talk soon...Alex

I'm starving - need to source food - so used to walking down to the mess to eat something unrecognisable - not sure I remember what it's like to eat normally again...I'm looking forward to rediscovering...

No comments: