Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cannot believe this is my 5th week onboard already...

So onto cruise number 3 already. In some respects it feels like it's gone quick but also feels like I've been here forever. It is now normal to get up in the morning and put my hair in an upstyle and do my makeup. In fact, I rarely go without makeup these days!! A stark contrast to home. Also normal to get in the elevator to go to work. Also normal to pay 60 cents for a beer in the staff bar...(although that is on special). I think it's normally about $1. Definitely going to struggle going back to regular prices on land...whenever that will be...

We will have 3 new girls coming at the end of this cruise as 3 of the girls are finishing their contracts, so will no longer be one of the new girls in the spa. Will be exciting to get some new people but sad to see others leave. We lose another 2 after the crossing so in the next month, there will be 5 new girls in the AquaSpa.

Went to the movies last night - yes there is a cinema onboard that crew are also allowed to go to - saw The Bee Movie. Very cute although I must admit I was falling asleep as I had a big day yesterday. Was a successful sea day for me, meeting my sea day target. So have made more money this cruise already than I did in the entire last cruise. The rest of the spa is struggling but I have managed to get a few guests in for personal training and sold a few detox packages yesterday. Am bounding with positive energy once more. Last cruise was a downer and I must admit I did let it get the better of me towards the end of the cruise, which was not good.

Looking forward to my day off tomorrow in Kusadasi. May do a little shopping. Supposed to be quite good. Although trying to save my pennies still at the moment as I haven't accumulated masses of money as yet - saving that for the Carribean....

Anyway, off to enjoy the rest of my 2 hr lunch break. The Spa made target last cruise so we all enjoy a 2 hr lunch break this cruise rather than 1 hr. Definite perks to hitting targets...

Love to all back home...

Trying to get the girls in the spa motivated to exercise before the Carribean so am doing a circuit class for them tonight. Should be a lot of fun.

No comments: