Tuesday, November 4, 2008

One cruise down...

Well I managed to get through one full cruise and although I didn't make my sales target, I did do the best out of the team, which now means I get 2 hour lunch breaks this entire cruise (except sea days). Expectations are high though this cruise and unfortunately so far, I am off to a slow start...But aiming for a big finish!!!

My day off yesterday was a non-event. We tendered in Villafranche. This means we weren't docked to the shore but a tender (a small boat) comes and takes you to shore. Unfortunately due to the crappy weather, there wasn't enough tenders to allow crew off the ship. So I had a whole day off onboard. I did manage to catch up on some sleep, which I needed after a 3:30 am night in the staff bar, watched a couple of Sopranos episodes and checked out the basketball court but that is as good as it got, unfortunately.

Someone asked the difference between the staff bar and the crew bar - basically staff bar is nonsmoking and just chairs, pool table, dart board, etc. Crew bar is more club like - smoking and DJ and dancefloor. Crew bar doesn't come alive til after midnight. Have had a couple of fun nights in the staff bar losing at cards the last few nights.

My half day in Barcelona was nice but short - felt a bit like Cinderella having to get back to the ship by 12:30 pm for embark. The city was just coming alive as I made my way back to the ship to work. So no photos. Will have to put some of the few photos up for viewing - I haven't really taken that many. Will try to do so on my next day off in port.

Next day off is Naples and desperately wanting to get onshore and eat some regular food especially since I missed out yesterday although one of the singers and I had dinner upstairs last night at the Waterfall cafe - we're allowed there in the last half hour of service in uniform or dressed up - and he got me a sirfry (salon staff not privileged enough for stirfry, singers have more privileges) so I did manage to eat something different yesterday.

Have another hour to kill for my lunch break. I think I may spend it in my room reading a book...Catch you all soon later...

No comments: