Sunday, November 23, 2008

Have internet in my cabin...finally....

Finally managed to get an internet cable last night so now have access in my cabin...very dangerous as it is no cheaper - just much better to be emailing in the comfort of my cabin (if you call it comfort) and on my own laptop.

Yesterday was my first rough sea day.  The good news is I didn't get sea sick.  I had a couple of iffy moments.  I had some ginger ale and crackers and slogged through it.  I also had acupuncture - I couldn't look at the needles in my arm and leg but it did seem to work.  I'm still getting over the shock of having acupuncture...We had to close the treadmills and the ellipticals in the gym as it was not safe with the ship rocking so much.  I am still struggling to comprehend what would possess someone to come to the gym to walk on the treadmill when they are unable to walk around the ship without holding a handrail...Quite a few of the therapists had to leave guests in the middle of treatments to throw up.  Not a successful sea day all round for the spa.

We are currently in the process of docking in Naples.  I can hear and feel the vibrations underneath me as I sit in my cabin typing this.  We are here overnight now instead of overnight in Civitavechia tomorrow night.  Due to the rough weather, our itinerary changed.

Teaching my first Pilates class this afternoon.  To date, have had noone sign up to these classes so need to go and refresh my memory...Better get back to work...




No comments: