Sunday, December 7, 2008

Making Our Way Across the Atlantic...

As expected, a quiet cruise.  But on the plus side, have enjoyed getting off the ship in some new ports.  Spent a couple of hours off in Malaga, Spain.  Had an awesome tapas lunch.  Sooo yummy.  I was supposed to be out shopping for some weights for the gym but a girl has got to eat...I did look for the weights (after lunch) to no avail.

Enjoyed a day off  yesterday in Madeira, Portugal.  Another yummy lunch (piri chicken) but not as good as the tapas.  Also managed a quick dash to the supermarket for some supplies.  Enjoyed some sunshine (at last!!!).  Will definitely be visiting Portugal in the future.  Madeira was quite pretty and a lot cheaper than the rest of the Med so hoping the rest of Portugal is similar as I add it to my travel list...

Looking forward to my last day off for the cruise tomorrow in Tenerife in the Canary Islands..  Although am unable to leave the ship until about lunchtime as we have boat drill in the morning - the joys of living/working on a ship.  The sunshine will be worth it once I get off I'm sure...

I work solid then until we hit the Caribbean next week, with 5 sea days in a row.  Hoping they're not rough sea days though - will have to wait and see what the weather delivers us for the final leg of our crossing...I will then enjoy 2 half days off - 1 in St Maarten and the next in San Juan, Puerto Rico (which will be our base for the next 18 weeks) - so will have a 1/2 day off here for the next 18 weeks.

Enjoyed an awesome dinner 2 nights ago in The Normandie - the a la carte restaurant onboard.  The food and service was excellent - was wonderful to be treated like a regular person eating in style for a night.  It was one of the girl's birthdays so it was a real treat.

Tomorrow we suddenly say goodbye to one of our girls in the spa.  She is being transferred to another ship as an experienced girl has requested to come back to this ship.  She only found out yesterday.  Demonstrates that nothing is certain onboard - even I could be transferred at any time.  Will be sad to see her go especially before Christmas.  It is like a little family onboard but am sure we will all be missing our loved ones as the holidays draw nearer...

Loving the extra space in my new cabin.  Hoping to find a Christmas tree tomorrow for my room.  Managed to get some tinsel and Christmas lights yesterday - just need to get them up!!!  Need some tape...hopefully tonight...

Well I have no idea when I will actually be able to post this online as the internet has been down all day and doesn't look too promising - so this news may be a little old by the time you all read this...

Love to all...Alex

No comments: