Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas from the Summit...

Merry Christmas to all back home.  I am missing you all dearly and it hardly feels like Christmas Eve at all.  I start work tomorrow at 6:30 in the morning.  Will be the first ever Christmas Day I have worked and feels real strange and not really like Christmas at all.  

I do have one pressie to open in the morning though - Thank you Mum for getting it to me in time.  Receiving a package from home was the best.  Thank you again.  (Sorry Tanya, your package didn't make it in time for Christmas - should get it next week).

So, what's going on?  A lot of work but not much return at the moment.  And a bit concerning to say the least...

Two more of the spa girls left quite suddenly - one was transferred to another ship and another decided to go home after 4 months.  Sad to see them go - the Spa has not been the same without them.  I miss their energy.

Had some quality me time this arvo in Bonaire, which I think was much needed.  I enjoyed just wandering the town on my own.  You don't get much me time onboard a ship so was good to reflect and recharge.

Was asked to go to Captain's Club last night.  Basically had to dress up and represent the Spa mingling with guests.  Not too bad but hopefully not something I have to do every cruise...

Tonight there is Eggnog and Cookies in the staff bar at 11:45 pm - so 45 mins away - I should make it...

Need to pass on this free internet connection to my roommate now so will hopefully be able to get some more free time tomorrow night...

Love to all

Alex  
xxx

No comments: