Saturday, December 13, 2008

Waiting For Coastguard...

This morning we arrived in San Juan and a busy day although at the moment a bit of a waiting game...We have Coastguard today, which means we do boat drill with the Coastguard onboard to mke sure we know our stuff.  If there is something wrong with the ship or the crew in regards to safety, they can apparently hold the ship until it is fixed so kind of a big deal.  We have had multiple drills over the last few weeks to get us all prepared and to make sure we don't make any mistakes.  So I am sittin ghere in my cabin just waiting for the signal.  Ideally I wanted to go to the gym this morning (with the morning off but alas not today).  Hopefully it's not too much longer.

Also have to go through immigration today as we enter the US.  So another time-consuming task for the day.  And then start work once this is over meeting and greeting new guests.  We now move into 7 day cruising so looking forward to a change of pace and definitely enjoyed the change of place yesterday.  I had most of the day off in St Maarten yesterday.  Sun, sand and beautiful blue seas.  Looking forward to a change of energy for the next few months after coming from the cold of the Med.

Cannot quite believe that it's Christmas in under 2 weeks.  Doesn't feel like that time of year at all despite my efforts at making my cabin a little more Christmassy.  There's a high chance I will have to work on Christmas Day so that will be a first and will be quite strange I imagine...

Anyway, I think I've almost used all my internet time again...Catch up with you all soon...

No comments: