Thursday, October 16, 2008

I HAVE A SHIP!!!

What a day!!!  I don't think I have fully comprehended what I am about to do....I finally got my details today.  I am going to be working on the Celebrity Summit.  A very nice ship by the looks and sounds of things...Although I am going to be challenged by my clientele (sorry guests) apparently - my demographic is well-educated - doctors, lawyers, CEOs, etc.

So I am off to Venice on Saturday.  I will be cruising around the Mediterranean until the end of November.  My itinerary is as follows:

Venice, Italy
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Athens, Greece
Ephesus, Turkey
Naples/Capri, Italy
Rome, Italy
Florence, Italy
Nice, France
Barcelona, Spain

Not bad at all.  At the end of November, I do a transatlantic crossing:

Barcelona, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Madeira, Portugal
Lanzaroate, Canary Islands
Teneriffe, Canary Islands
La Palma, Canary Islands
Phillipsburg, St Maarten
San Juan, Puerto Rico

and then spend the next few months in the Caribbean (until April I think), when I make my way back to Europe and do it all over again.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Phillipsburg, St Maarten
Roseau, Dominica
St George's, Grenada
Kralendijk, Bonaire
Oranjestad, Aruba

I remember saying before I left home that I would love to do the Mediterranean, the Caribbean and a transatlantic crossing - seems the universe has delivered exactly what I put out there...Amazing!!  I cannot wait to really start this adventure...My trainer's instruction tonight was go out there and just SMASH IT!!!   So, that's what I intend to do...

Time for sleep...if that is at all possible...

Before I go would like to say a big thank you to Mike and Liz for the awesome dinner I had at your beautiful home - hope to catch up with you again in 8 months time...Enjoy your travels in Ethiopia.  I will be thinking of you tomorrow when I'm into my little goodie bag...Thank you again.

Love to all...Alex

1 comment:

Liz from Radlett said...

Hi Alex,
It was a REAL pleasure to see you last night and give you supper.
We'll follow your travels with great interest and some envy.....
Love Liz and Mike